Jet Mills, Fluidised Bed Opposed Jet Mills (100 AFG, 200 AFG, 400 AFG)
The Fluidised Bed Opposed Jet Mills are Jet Mills for manufacturing powders with a steep particle size distribution and sharp top size limitation in the range of 1 µm to 120 µm (microns).
The grinding is performed by using specially prepared and purified compressed air or inert gas. As a special service we also offer the inert micronization in encapsulated form. The plants are suitable for pressure-shock resistant milling up to 10 bar (overpressure).
With our Fluidized Bed Opposed Jet Mills we can realize abrasion-free and contamination-free micronization.
At ACU all product contacted parts are made of rust resistant and acid resistant stainless steel.
The milling on the AFGs is characterized by the following features:
- With Fluidised Bed Opposed Jet Mills grit-free final products with steep particle size distribution can be produced.
- Grinding finenesses between d97 = 2 µm up to 120 µm can be produced.
- ACU usually processes products up to Mohs’ hardness 7, which needs to be proven in each individual case.
- The 200 AFG and 400 AFG are suitable for the milling of dust-explosive materials (St 0-2).
- The AFGs are easy and reliable to clean and thus offer a high product quality.
Benefits and features that arise from inertisation:
- ACU can grind temperature-sensitive products additionally under inert gas.
- Inerting benefits a product-gentle grinding.
- A high bio-availability of food additives is favoured, inter alia, by inerting during fine grinding.
The following product groups can be milled on our AFGs:
- Ideal suitability for calcium citrate
- Nutritional supplements
- Food additives
- Heat-sensitive materials, such as varnishes, resins, waxes, teflon powder, ion exchangers (Amberlite), etc.
- High-purity substances which have to be milled contamination-free, e.g. silica gels, citrates, carbonates, chlorides, etc.
- Mineral resources such as kaolin, talcum, etc.